Baby Beddes Due October 5th

Friday, July 23, 2010

Babies 'R Us

If you were to tell me a few years ago that there was a store with an entire wing devoted to boobs, I would've thought.... yeah that sounds nice. Turns out it isn't at all what a young man might envision. Let's just say Babies 'R us is an experience. The movie Idiocracy no doubt rings true after spending 5 minutes in that store. There are two types of couples shopping, one set is a clean cut most likely successful couple that is either pregnant or carrying around one cute well mannered kid. The other is 900 lb. Suzie Jean with her tramp stamp tattoo and her husband Jim Bob with the always classic business in front and party in the back hairstyle, and they have 5 kids screaming at the top of their lungs. Enough judging it isn't right anyway. Back to the topic of boobs. Is it wrong to say there are a lot of really big boobs hanging out in that store? I'm gonna go with no on that because if the boobs are hanging out in that store they have ceased to become the objects of a young men's every thought and have now become tools. Even Nichole said she felt like a milk cow as we were shopping for breast pumps.
On the other front we signed papers on the new digs today. I had to leave my golf game 3 holes early but I suppose that's okay. Word is we'll get the keys on Monday so we ought to have everything we own in a box by then and ready to go out the door. Our current house has gotten a pretty good upgrade as well. We sheetrocked the Bears room (I even taught Nikki Marie how to tape and mud sheetrock), replaced all the trim on the front deck, replaced the tub surround, and put in a new stove. And after we get our crap out of here this place will get a fresh coat of paint on the inside to top it off. We're thinking if we make it nice, hopefully we get better renters than the scumbags that rented from us when we were in Australia.
I suppose I should talk about the pregnancy a bit too. On that front it is a little harder to describe. I figured Nikki would be much more of a pain, but she really hasn't. Like she said in her post, it's been pretty smooth sailing for her. I have noticed that she needs to pee and eat a lot though. This is quick glimpse into my life. I have spent the better part of our marriage feeling a bit like a sissy because I have to pee so much more often than she does. Now, every time the kid moves left or right, she is searching for the toilet, and I'm rolling my eyes and thinking some chauvinist thought. And the eating thing is amazing, I mean she still hasn't caught up with me, but she is rounding the corner and gaining speed. Normally, when I cook dinner I figure whatever I'm gonna eat she'll have half. At this point I'm figuring close to even. If it wasn't for the eating, peeing and the belly I think I'd forget. The belly thing is weird though. I remember, a few years ago, talking about pregnancy and Nikki thought it would be strange to have some foreign body living inside her, and I would reassure her that it is a completely natural and beautiful thing. Then she grew a baby in her, and that is kind of weird. I'll be up next to her in bed and little bear gets to moving around, that is odd to me, and now Nikki thinks it is cool. I am growing more accustomed though, I heard somewhere that if you sing to the belly the kid will remember the song and it will calm them. I figure by the time the little guy pops out he'll (or she'll) be singing "Bear Down, Chicago Bears" on his own.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Opening with a post on boobs, now that's classy.
    Just a thought, why don't you choose the most qualified renters this time? Being broke is not a situation, It's a condition.

    ReplyDelete